Summer’s drawing to an end throwing caution to the wind …heading off to exotic getaways, sojourns to surprise your beloved or simply treating your senses to an virgin island or a rain forest; heading out to discover a man made wonder – it’s a whole new world of Wandering.
If you still haven’t been able to get away, here are some destinations that don’t take too much planning (because the visa is on arrival).
1. Fiji beckons both the thrill seeker and romantic traveler.
The reefs and cobalt blue waters of the island created a surreal backdrop for Tom Hanks’ Cast Away and Brooke Shields’ The Blue Lagoon.
1) The World-class windsurfing
2) Lazing around long languid beaches
3) Idyllic kayaking in a pocket-sized paradise
2. Cambodia’s Angkor Wat attracts many Wanderers to the Buddhist land of smile.
1) Revel in the mystical glory of Angkor Wat
2) Relax in the sleepy seaside town of Kampot
3) Trek to the nearby Bokor National Park
4) Take an elephant ride in the jungles of Mondulkiri Province
5) Ogle the Mekong dolphins at Kratie
3. Laos: Head out to the country if you are seeking for a refreshingly simple and relaxed sort of languid riverfront life.
The country beckons the Wanderer who is seeking for a bit of nature and adventure.
1) Head out to the sleepy river archipelago with rare dolphins & mighty Mekong rapids.
2) For the thrill seekers: Kayaking, rafting, rock-climbing and biking are available.
4. Seychelles: To romance and to rejuvenate.
The picture-book beaches lined by palms and marked by wonderful granite outcropping is a place to reconnect with your loved one.
2) Watching the tropical reef, with its eerie purples and oranges, yellows and iridescent blues, the fat clams with serrated teeth, the not-so-little reef sharks huddling under the rocks, and the wonder of the sea turtles, or the rays, surging through the water like Concorde jets.
5. Nepal beckons the Wanderer who is seeking for ‘blissful escapism’
1) Trek through mountains and the jungles.
2) Go river rafting – the country is a river runner’s paradise .
6. Mauritius: Secluded coves, white sand, glorious sunsets, champagne by the seaside…
1)Experience the absolute height of resort luxuries – from underwater restaurants to over water villas.
7. Maldives: Romantic getaway never seemed better.
1) Dive, surf, and sail among the coral islands.
2) Indulge in exceptional spa treatments from indigenous sand scrubs to three-hour tantric couples treatment.
8. Sri Lanka: If exotic is on your agenda – the lush emerald landscapes and turquoise Indian Ocean promises to hold you bewitched in its magnificent beauty.
1) The ruined palaces of the kings of Kandy Experience life in the verdant tea plantations
2) Step back in time and explore the exquisite Buddhist temples.
9 . Indonesia: The volcanic lakes of the Sumatra is a must on your agenda.
1) The sublime snorkeling and pristine coral gardens in history’s fabled Spice Islands. Jet setting off to Bali where the pulse-pounding surf, enchanting temple ceremonies, mesmerizing dance performances and ribbons of beaches beckon you.
10. Hong Kong: To experience the never say sleep city!
1) Sample the shredded jellyfish
2) Join in the dawn tai chi.
3) Watch the sun rise from a remote mountain peak
4) Hike surf-beaten beaches and explore deserted islands.
11. Macau: The Las Vegas of the East
1) Gamble the night away.
2) Discover the forms which form a colorful palette of pastels shades soothing and calming, away from the buzz of everyday living.
3) Explore the cobbled back streets, baroque churches, stone fortresses, Art Deco buildings and restful parks and gardens
12. Thailand: The ‘destination’ for venturesome paradise seekers.
1) Get and sport a tan on the virginal beaches.
2) Head out for some fabulous massage—the legitimate kind.
3) Tour the local market.
4) Go diving with mighty whale sharks in the coral fringed islands.