Do you like polishing off scoop after scoop of ice cream as you tightly wrap your shawl around to keep the chill off your bones? Do you screw up your eyebrows and take deep philosophical dives into why some people complain about the cold in winter and rain during monsoon – since the elements are just performing fine? Do you wait breathlessly for these gifted 3 months – December, January and February – when winter sweeps you off your feet and you get a reason to strut around in your winter finery? When the other three C’s – curling, cosying and cuddling become the defining words of your daily dose?
If you nod NO to all of the above then all of the below is just for you (for YES nod-ers anyways I can’t stop you all from reading on). So you’ve my permission to keep going: 9 reasons why you should never ever visit Kumaon in winter.
1. Trek in winter is like totally revolting!
Not when you walk-the-adventure-talk on these narrow pahadi tracks or thrilling and remote Corbett jungle trails!
2. Homestays & luxury in this chill? Duh!
Wait till you immerse yourself in this cutting edge solar heated pool on a mountain top home stay – at the height of 2000 mts. (do I hear a gasp somewhere!)
3. Come winter you only will have eyes for BIGG BOSS with SALMAN KHAN from under your blanket.
Else say ‘hello’ to the Bigboss of Corbett NP as you catch some wild action here! Lodge beside a waterhole. What more can you ask for???
4. Breakfast with a view? You’ve done quite a few.
Not on this wooden deck under a powder blue sky overlooking the gorgeous Himalayan range – hazardous for all your senses.
5. The Chatter of solitude is just so not you!
Ditch the holiday crowd to messy hill stations and get charmed by doing absolutely nothing at all in these hidden gems of a home stays.
6. Crisp sky with bonus sight of the Himalayan hill range – travel agent’s trick I say!
In the interiors of Uttaranchal offering a panoramic 180° view of the Himalayas.
7. Corbett – done to death (even the pages are yellowing!). Yawn-inducing.
Betcha you didn’t think you go off-roading in the tiger territory, did’ ya? Grool.
8. Living inside the forest – Bro that’s so primitive!
Till you try these Swiss tents packed with all urban comforts. Thank us later!