TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF TRAVELLING WITH THE WANDERERS
Unless specified in the inclusions, the cost excludes
- Airfare + taxes on airfare
- International departure airport tax (if applicable is payable directly at airport)
- Visa fees (for visas on arrival as well as for pre-trip visa)
- Meals not specified in the itinerary
- Entry fees to monuments, guides.
- Cost of fuel, car upgrade, car drop facility, parking, insurance (on self drive tours)
- Services other than specified
- Any expenses of personal nature such as mineral water, drinks, laundry, telephone/fax calls, travel insurance, room service, mini-bar etc.
- Any expenses caused by reasons beyond our control such as bad weather, natural calamities (landslides, floods), flight delays, rescheduling or cancellations, any accidents, medical evacuations, riots, strikes, war, etc.
- Any tips/gratuities to drivers, hotel staff.
- Any other tax or service charge that could be enforced during this period will be extra and need to be borne by you.
PAYMENT & CANCELLATION TERMS FOR TOURS
Payment terms online booking: A non- refundable processing fee of INR 5000 is to be paid online for reserving your seat/ booking the tour through our online payment gateway.
Payment terms offline booking: A booking advance as follows in favour of " WANDERERS LEISURE TRAVELS PVT LTD", payable in Mumbai by local cheque / bank transfer / demand draft / credit card / cash. This is over and above the airfare.
Tour cost deposit
1-50,000: INR 5000 per person
50,001 to 1,00,000: INR 10,000 per person
1,00,001 to 2,00,000: INR 20,000 per person
2,00,001 onwards: INR 25,000 per person
45 days prior full payment has to be made online through Wanderers payment gateway OR offline to our Mumbai office by cheque / demand draft / cash or Credit card.
*Credit card payment will attract 2 % credit card charges
Tour Cancellation: All notice of cancellation must be sent to our Mumbai office in writing. This could either be a fax or an e-mail. Verbal cancellations will not be entertained. There is also no refund for services not utilised.
General cancellation policy
If the tour package cost is refundable then below policy will apply
- 180 days to 46 days: Booking deposit depending on the tour cost i.e starting from 5000 - 25000/ unless the services are NON REFUNDABLE.
- 45 days to 30 days : 50% forfeiture
- 29 days to 20 days : 75% forfeiture
- 19 days: 100% forfeiture
Cancellation Policy for non- refundable services
Refunds on tours:
Certain tours, hotels and sightseeing may have a non-refundable policy. The same will be advised by the TW Sales team when quoting the final package cost. It will be mentioned NON REFUNDABLE in your quotation and the general TW cancellation policy will not apply.
Request for any refund should be made by the client in writing within 14 days of the scheduled completion of all services. This should be backed up by signed documentary evidence from the service provider including hotelier/transporter/operator etc. No processing for refunds will be entertained without written request duly backed by documentary evidence. Refunds, if any, on tours will be made by The Wanderers after 30days of receipt of such request from the client. All refunds to clients within India will be made by cheque (INR) in favour of clients in whose name Money Receipts have been made. Under no circumstances will any refund to clients be made in cash even if The Wanderers has received the tour money in cash/foreign currency. In case of inbound remittance of funds from an off-shore account, we will make the refund directly to that bank account and all charges pertaining to that transfer will be borne by the beneficiary.
Note on cancellation of tour by the client: We may review our cancellation policy provided a ‘WAR’ situation arises (as opposed to a 'war-like' situation) forcing you to cancel your tour. 'War' situation will be defined only if the Indian Govt or the Govt of the country you are traveling to, imposes an official emergency declaring war. This definition is not open to interpretation. At The Wanderers, we strongly believe that this is as safe a time to travel as it ever was. People are still traveling to Myanmar, Sri Lanka etc. (where military regimes/terrorism/insurgency have been a part of daily life) and enjoying the experience.
Refund on visas
Visa fee is always NON refundable; in case of rejection by Consulates the clients can reapply. The application will be considered as a fresh application and fees will be applicable once again.
If the client's visa is rejected the booking deposit will be forfeited.
Granting of the visa is at the sole discretion of the Embassy/ Consulate. The Wanderers do not have any control / influence over it.
- Prices are quoted based on tentative itinerary given to you. This is not the final itinerary. Our booking process starts on receiving full payment in advance from you. We try our best to maintain the same itinerary given to you initially. However, it is possible that at the time of booking (and especially during the peak season) the hotel or the room category mentioned by us is full. In that case we will give you an alternate hotel or an alternate room (higher category or lower category). Change in costs, if any, will be intimated to you and balance payable by you or to you will be paid by you or refunded to you as the case may be.
- Sometimes, we may also have to change the itinerary to accommodate the bookings or for other logistic/operational reasons e.g. not getting a particular hotel on a particular date may force us to change the itinerary (clockwise, anti-clockwise etc.) to accommodate a booking at an earlier or later date. Changes in costs, if any, will be adhered to by both the clients and TW.
- Check in/check out: Generally check in time at all hotels varies between 12noon to 2pm and check out time between 10am to 12noon (depending on individual hotels). This will be intimated to you at the time of booking. In case you arrive at the hotel well before that time, you will have to wait at the lobby till the official check in time. Normally, we ‘request’ for an ‘early’ check in at no extra cost. In case there is room available AND on the complete discretion of the hotel management, you may be allotted a room earlier. If you want an early check in on Guaranteed Basis, then they will charge you 1 night extra cost. Same goes for request for late check out. In the absence of any SPECIFIC written request from the client for guaranteed early or late check in/check out respectively, The Wanderers will presume that it is on ‘Request Basis’.
- Passports: All passports must be valid for a minimum duration of 6months from the date of return to India from the tour. In some countries it is 3 months or even 9 months (eg Malaysia). It is the responsibility of the client to ensure that all documents relating to passport are in order prior to going on the tour.
- Visas: Getting a visa for travel to a foreign country is the sole responsibility of the client. Different Consulates have different yardsticks for defining eligibility for travel and these rules change from time to time. Documents, photographs (as specified from time to time) will have to be furnished by the client to the competent authority for processing along with the visa fee. During peak season, visas may take many more days than it usually does and in case the client is unable to get the same prior to the tour, any cancellation charges of the tour thereof, will be borne by the client alone. Costs incurred due to rejection of a visa will have to be borne by the client. The Wanderers do not guarantee any visas whatsoever, when the client pays for an International tour. At best, we may assist you with what documents are required, but under no circumstances is that to be construed as our responsibility for securing the visa.
- SIC tours from hotel: This is a group tour and you will share the coach (hence called Seat in Coach or SIC tour) with other passengers who maybe from other hotels. Please be at the hotel lobby at least 15 minutes before your pick up time (mentioned on your tour voucher). Our transporter will not call up the room but will come at the pick up time (15 mins before or after) and pick you up from the lobby/reception. Please tell the receptionist that you are waiting for a particular operators pick up for a particular tour. In case the transporter does not see you at the reception, he will leave and NO REFUND will be made for the missed tour.
- SIC airport pickup/drop: This again is based on a group concept where on arrival at an International airport, you will need to meet up with our local representative (at a place and time given to you in your tour voucher) who will guide you to your waiting coach. When other passengers from the same flight or other flights join you, the coach will leave for the hotel. Passengers are dropped off at different hotels en route depending on which hotel comes first. Timings of coach departures from airports are fixed and will be given to you. At times you may have to wait for quite a while if your flight lands at ‘off-peak’ hours. Here, private transfers should be opted for at additional cost. Similarly, with airport drop, you will be required to wait at the hotel lobby 15mins prior to the designated time. No one will call you in your room. Timings of coach departures to airports are fixed and will be given to you. Again, you may have to wait for quite a while if your flight departure is at ‘off-peak’ hours. In such cases, you should opt for private transfers at additional cost where you don’t have to go very early to the airport.
- Airport check in for flights: Due to additional security blankets being thrown at most Intl airports worldwide, be sure to REACH the airport at least 3 hrs prior to actual departure. For domestic travel kindly come 2 and half hours earlier to the airport
- Extra beds in hotels: Not every hotel allows extra persons or extra beds or extra mattresses in the rooms. Eg, Hotel Naria in Bangkok does not allow more than 2 persons to share a room. So, 3rd person will have to opt for a single room. Also, all hotels in Genting while allowing a 3rd person in a room will NOT allow an extra bed or mattress to be placed inside the room.
- All International tours are subject to a Govt Service Tax of 5% payable over and above the tour package cost