At Wanderers, we strongly believe in protecting consumer privacy. We respect your need to understand how information is being collected, used, disclosed, transferred and stored. That's why we only ask you for information related to the services we provide. We never sell, rent, share, trade or give away any of your personal information to anyone.
About information we collect
What Information do we collect about you?
Depending on the circumstances, in the course of providing a service to you, the Wanderers may collect and hold personal information such as:
- Your name, date of birth, gender, postal address, telephone number, email address, passport details, medical information etc.
- Details of the products and services you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your enquiries.
- Any additional information relating to you that you or a third party has provided to us directly or indirectly through our travellers’ or agents’ phone enquiry lines, websites, online presence, customer surveys or to our in-store or other representatives.
- When you are travelling with us, we may take video and images of you that may be used in brochures, testimonials, in our advertising or on our website. All participants of the Group trips authorise us to use his/her image (such as a photograph, videotape, film or pictorial representation or recorded voice). If you do not wish for this to happen, please notify us in writing using the contact details below.
- We may collect information such as browser, operating system, occupation, language, pin code, unique device identifier, location so that we can better understand customer behaviour and improve our products, services, and advertising.
How do we collect personal information?
You may be asked for personal information anytime you are in contact with The Wanderers directly or indirectly through a third party.
The only way we will get any kind of personal information is if you choose to give it to us in following circumstance:
- When you make a reservation or purchase from our website or through our customer service team - by email, letter, fax, on the phone or in physically in office.
- When you register with us, subscribe to our newsletter, enter competitions, send us queries or register for promotions or connect with us via social media.
- When you take part in surveys or provide us with feedback
- When you engage with us in any online or offline event, promotions, page hosted by us on a third party platform or location
- When you use our website(s)/apps, link to or from our website(s)/apps,
- We may also receive the information from a third party, for example: from people making queries/bookings on your behalf
- Cookies are used to collect aggregated data that allows us to see the origins of web traffic, amount of visitors, visitors’ operating systems, browser types, etc. This data does not personally identify you in any way. You can choose not to accept cookies by disabling them in the settings of your web browser.
How do we use your information?
We collect personal information about you so that we can perform our business activities and functions and to provide the best possible quality of customer service.
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your information for the following purposes:
- Primarily used and passed on to third parties where it is necessary to process your booking, enquiry or participation
- Manage our relationship with you, including updates about your tour booking and handling complaints
- To contact you in the event of an emergency
- To identify and tell you about services we think you may be interested in, including sending email newsletters or sending printed materials to your postal address. If you wish to unsubscribe, you can choose to do so.
- Combining information collected from you at different times for the purpose of research and analysis to provide a better customer experience, including customising online content for you
- For identification of fraud or error or for regulatory reporting and compliance
- In the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party
- To make improvements to our site(s) and make it easier to find the information you are looking for
- To better tailor our website and product offerings to our customers, we use Google Analytics to collect information on how visitors navigate our website
When you submit your booking or request to us and/or participate in our initiatives, you agree that we may use and transfer your personal information for the above stated purposes.
Orders & Payments
At the time of booking, we also ask you for payment information such as credit card number or bank transfer details. We use the utmost level of online security to safeguard your personal data.
- Our website is secured by …….. transmitted over a secure socket layer (SSL) connection.
- All online payments are carried by HDFC payment gateway and Payzapp payment solutions which are verified and secured with State-of-the-art encryption for in-built security
- Credit card information is transmitted immediately to a payment gateway solution via an encrypted port.
- The Wanderers does not store your credit card number in any of our systems.
While no system is full-proof, including ours, we will continue using internet security procedures to ensure your data remains safe with us.
Whilst we take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is secure, as the internet is inherently insecure, any personal information or other information you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
All Rights Reserved
We hope this will help you make an informed decision about sharing personal information with us.
If at any time you believe that The Wanderers has not adhered to above principles/policy, please notify us by e-mail at email@example.com and we will use all commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and correct the problem.